![]() |
| 26-03-2013 |
![]() | ||||
| ^ How to get to this place? So it's located at the Mandai Lake Road Singapore 729826. Had hard times to get to this place though. Should really consider setting up shuttle bus what.. |
I got ready and check at the site gothere.sg to check out how should I get to my desired destination. Hell ya, zoo was so far away from the distance I imagined. Never mind, I later checked on the cab fare and I found that it was about S$13/- to get there, it worth the price if you are going to ask me hell take a bus ride to the Boon Lay Mrt and I have to travel all the way to Choa Chu Kang to walk to the nearby bus stop to take another bus ride to the destination. So ya, I told the girls am not meeting them at the AMK Mrt anymore, but to meet them at the zoo entrance instead.
![]() |
| Seems like it takes forever to reach the place isn't it.. |
So I got into the cab and this funny conversation made my day...
Me : "Uncle, zoo please?"
Taxi uncle : "Where? ZOUK? At this hour??"
Me : "EH EH NO NO. ZOO. Animal ZOO."
Uncle got stunned when he got the wrong destination. I wasn't any better. I looked at myself. Hell ya, a polo tee and a short jeans with sandals. I don't see myself wearing like a clubber. Perhaps so as the uncle unbelievably looking at my attire and at the timing, HELL 1pm in the AFTERNOON. I know only about night club, neither day club nor noon club. Alright, at least he made me smile.
I waited for the girls to reach at the KFC. We went to get our ticket but hell ya there was no
Jia Jia and Kai Kai. The two pandas that I was longing to pay them visit. Tell me about it. Notice board stated that both of them were no longer shown in the public since few days back and will only be shown at the newly open River Safari. How disgracing. Only if we decide to visit the zoo one day later JUST ONE DAY LATER we could visit the river safari also the two pandas..
![]() |
| ^ So they are Jia Jia and Kai Kai respectively. Tell me how to not be disappointed. I wanted to see pandas in my real life but ended up.. DUH. |
Hmmm. The entrance fees to enter the zoo for a day is $22/pax. Thanks goodness that Bern owns a NTUC card and get us 30% discount so we saved some! If we got the chance to visit the pandas, it gonna be another $5/- but what to do, even if we were willing to pay, we couldn't get any ticket for it.
![]() |
| ^ Look at it. I ended up still looking at the panda from papers. Okay. So this is how the tickets look like. |
![]() |
| ^ Since we went on the wrong day, the viewing gallery for the Pandas were closed. but we managed to take picture with the mascots! |
Worst experience in the zoo, was when the sun was so darn hot that I did not bring any water along. So I got myself a 500ml coke at $3/-. Ridiculously expensive duh. Also, our initial plan was to walk in the zoo than taking the tram, but..
![]() |
| ^ Ya, we took the tram at 5pm due to the rain. FYI this is an unlimited ride at $5. We should have taken the ride earlier if we knew that it gonna rain. DUH. |
Can. We found lot's of animal with their own names. However, I shall not post out the photos because I couldn't remember what species they are. Let's talk about the elephant. That was my first ride on an elephant. I was at first refused to take the ride because it started to rain while we were still queuing. $8/- for a 3 minutes ride and I was at first find it not worth it. It was indeed a very good experience. When I sat on the elephant,I was so afraid that I would fell down and the elephant was gonna step on me. I first thought the elephant was walking at a very slow pace until me myself got onto the ride. No really slow. It was fun. But I somehow sympathized them and wonder how would they feel to have to fetch we humans for ride every day.
![]() |
| ^ Sahvi told us that the elephant wink at her. How do you think? |
There's nothing much in the zoo. Same species of animals you could find in any zoo but am curious of only one thing. Why would the animal not anyhow run even though some of them aren't caged? Like the Orang Utans, they could swing from trees to trees but one thing they wouldn't do is they will never disturb the tourists. I tried to observe but I don't see any human made river, any wires, nor any nets to stop them crossing the boarder. Duh. Enlighten me please.
Shall I stop here? I know it's a little weird to a sudden pause. but perhaps a pause before continuing my story..?









No comments:
Post a Comment